|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
|If you are running Debian ''unstable'', all you need to install Fox is:
```aptitude install objcryst-fox```.
|If you are running Debian ''squeeze'' or more recent (e.g. wheezy), all you need to install Fox is:
```sudo apt-get install objcryst-fox```.
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
|''The following note on how to build Fox on Debian stable or testing was tested on Debian Lenny 2008/11/16 - please be careful with these instructions, most particularly do not add the binaries repository for unstable, only the source repository !''||Carlo Segre's packages are also available from [[http://debian-xray.iit.edu|his debian-xray repository]].|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|If you are running Debian ''testing'' (this may work on ''stable'', I have not tested), you'll need the foolowing steps to rebuild Fox for your system:
* Add to ```/etc/apt/sources.list``` the source packages for ''unstable'' (''note'': as you add only the source package for ''unstable'', this will '''not''' make unstable binaries available for your system), i.e. a line with (please use a local mirror, i.e. replace ```ftp.lip6.fr``` by e.g. ```ftp.uk.debian.org```...):
```deb-src http://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/debian/ unstable main```
* Update your packages indexes:
* Install the build dependencies for Fox:
```apt-get build-dep objcryst-fox```
* Build Fox (this will download the source package and build Fox in the current directory):
```apt-get source -b objcryst-fox```
* Install the ```.deb``` which is now available in the directory (the name will vary with the version of Fox and your architecture):
```dpkg -i objcryst-fox_1.7.99.R1047-1_amd64.deb```
|==== Ubuntu package ====
The Debian package is also available in Ubuntu as the ```objcryst-fox``` package. It can be installed using ```sudo apt-get install objcryst-fox```, for any Ubuntu version since Lucid (10.04), although upgrading to a more recent version is recommended.
Installing Fox on Linux
Compiling from source
To compile Fox under Linux, please follow the instructions to compile Fox under Linux, which describe the requirements and the compilation itself.
Using pre-built packages
Thanks to Carlo Segre, Fox is now available in Debian in the objcryst-fox package. As of 2008/11/16, this package is available in the unstable branch of Debian. See the sid/objcryst-fox package page.
If you are running Debian squeeze or more recent (e.g. wheezy), all you need to install Fox is:
sudo apt-get install objcryst-fox.
Carlo Segre's packages are also available from his debian-xray repository.
The Debian package is also available in Ubuntu as the objcryst-fox package. It can be installed using sudo apt-get install objcryst-fox, for any Ubuntu version since Lucid (10.04), although upgrading to a more recent version is recommended.